Friday, February 25, 2005

A Comment about My Writing Style

A friend of mine e-mailed me this morning as follows:

"Whole-lamb,

I came across this paragraph in a book I 'm reading which seemed to me an accurate assessment of your literary style-allow me to share:

There is usually little in the way of connected argument; often it is downright hard to see what the relationship is between a paragraph and the two on either side of it. The writing is self-evidently distinguished-full of wonderful similes, metaphors and examples, and often offering immediate and startling insights, and yet is difficult, at least at first, to see what the point of it all is. "
An accomplice of mine chimed in:
"Most of us despise other drivers on a highway.
They are going either too slow or too fast for our liking.

In life, it's the same.
We watch others going too slow or too fast, relative to our current position...
and we despise them as well."
Was he implying that I am going too fast or slow, or that we are on similar courses?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home