Thursday, July 14, 2005

Custom Audio Drops

This Friday, I am having recorded some audio drops. Originally I was going to have an amateur record this, but a real recording studio with real artists contacted me, and the rates were very reasonable. Here are the instructions that I provided:

AUDIO DROPS

Overall artistic direction - I intend on using these drops for my live sets and mix CD projects. Most of the phrases would tend to be dropped in over a house or tech-house style beat of 120-130 BPM. There are a few hip hop style phrases that would be at slower tempos. Elle, you are welcome to use your judgment to enhance any of the below. I don’t want these drops to sound cheesy and commercial, but more relaxed, underground, sexy. Thank you.

1. “DJ Jagged iz in tha house!” (enthusiastic, feel free to use artistic license for this phrase or any of the others)
2. “Good evening ladies and gentlemen. You’re in for a real treat tonight. We’ve got Gregg from Ambient DJ Service in the booth, dropping hits for you all night long.” (announcement, enthusiastic) (pronunciation= AM-BEE-ENT)
3. “Good evening party people. You’re in for a real treat tonight. We’ve got DJ Jagged from Ambient DJs on the wheels of steel, rockin’ the party all night long.” (announcement, enthusiastic).
4. “And now welcome to the booth, the kingpin of hip hop, DJ Jagged” (announcement, enthusiastic)
5. “And now welcome to the booth, the avatar of electronic dance music, DJ Jagged” (announcement, enthusiastic)
6. “Turn up the temperature DJ Jagged” (sexy)
7. “Take me to the next level DJ Jagged” (sexy)
8. “Hit the crossfader DJ Jagged, and make me happy” (sexy)
9. “Yeah” (sexy)
10. “Ohhh” (sexy)
11. “I only roll with DJ Jagged and his G Unit Posse” (definitive, as if stating a fact)
12. “DJ Jagged, you’ve got me locked in a groove” (sexy)
13. “Show me your New Jersey, DJ Jagged” (emphasis on the word ‘your’)
14. “Show me your Miami, DJ Jagged” (emphasis on the word ‘your’)
15. “DJ Jagged” (sexy)
16. “DJ……. Jagged” (sexy…. Place some silence between the words and imagine a beats per minute of about 120)
17. “Rescue me DJ Jagged” (sexy, slight distress)
18. “This music is making me hot” (sexy)
19. “That’s hot!” (sexy, or an imitation of Paris Hilton’s catch phrase)
20. “I’m feeling sexy” (sexy)
21. “Do what you like, and blame it on DJ Jagged” (teasing)
22. “Save me from myself, DJ Jagged” (slight distress)
23. “Jagged what? Jagged who?” (in the style of Jay Z’s Jigga What, Jigga Who lyric from Hard Knock Life album)
24. “DJ Jagged, beats more jagged than the Manhattan skyline” (definitive/promotional, as if in stating a fact)
25. “Go Jagged… go jagged… go jagged…. Go jagged” (enthusiastic, hip hop style)
26. “You’re tuned in to Ambient Radio with DJ Jagged” (‘AM BEE ENT’)
27. “It’s time to shake your booties to the beats of DJ Jagged” (enthusiastic)
28. “Work those tables, Jagged” (motivational)
29. “And now it’s time to meet DJ Struggler, the beat juggler... the Colt 45 smuggler… the booty juggler. DJ Struggler is in the house!” (enthusiastic!)
30. “DJ Struggler, nastier than the 2 Live Crew” (definitive, slightly disgusted)
31. “I only pay my props to Mike Z”
32. “Ambient DJ Service is in the house” (enthusiastic, more hip hop style)
33. “DJ Jagged in full effect” (enthusiastic, more hip hop style)
34. “What?” (confused)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home