Saturday, April 22, 2006

Joining the Myspace Revolution

I was a long-term doubter, but decided to check out Myspace. I have an account set up there which can be viewed at:

http://myspace.com/dj_jagged

There is some redundancy with this blog, but some new material too. Going forward, I'm not sure if I'll migrate my blog there. The one feature I do like about Myspace is the interactive element.

This week, I booked three parties-
> the first is a college reunion party at Rutgers featuring 70s disco music!
> the second is a wedding in Hope, NJ for late August. It will be at a grist mill with a NY Yankees theme. Some celebrities may attend - I am speculating New York Yankees players.
> wedding for St. Pattys Day 2007, Philly area

The first lead came in through a referral. The latter two were leads I discovered on craigslist. My traditional wedding advertising has felt a bit flat these days. Regardless, my event calendar is filling up one way or another. March and April were lame this year.