Monday, July 10, 2006

Weekend Review

This past weekend featured a fun wedding reception up near Clifton, NJ.

The frilly dance numbers worked fine, but the crowd really responded well to the rock n' roll and sing-a-longs. Winning songs included Paradise by the Dashboard Light (Meatloaf), Stand (REM), Piano Man (Billy Joel), Rock the Casbah (Clash), You Shook Me All Night Long (AC/DC), Brown Sugar (Rolling Stones), Centerfold (J Geils Band).

I went music shopping on Friday... some recent additions to my quiver of hits:

St. Elsewhere - Gnarls Barkley
Perfecto Chills, Volume 3
Mark Farina and Derrick Carter live at Om
Tijuana Sessions - vol. 3 - Nortec Collective (Tex-Mex Lounge/Chillout) - cool stuff, and I played a song at Saturday's wedding called "My Name is Dandy"
The Best of Dick Dale (Surf Music!)

I'm also loving Thievery Corporation's "Versions" - awesome remixes... very musical.. nice textures.