Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A Sales Call Gone Good!

This evening I drove the hour plus up to Clifton (another odd hotspot for 2005!) to meet with a couple who heard about me from my Perfect Wedding Guide ad. They have met with some other DJs, but they booked me after a 30 minute meeting or so. They seemed to fall into the professional service, good value proposition. The fact that we both have male toddlers was also something in common (16 month old Mark came along). This was a full-priced gig for May 2006 at the Mountainside Inn in Clifton. This was the site of the goth wedding reception in April 2005 where there was nearly a brawl. It has an easy load-in, and should be a profitable gig. I've struck out on some of these sales calls with a long trip, but the fact that I was willing to come to them was a plus from their perspective. I will play the ceremony music, cocktail hour and reception - all onsite at venue.

I had a revelation on the flat feeling from this past weekend's events. I was very isolated, geographically, from the crowds. I prefer to be in the mix with my mix, like at the outdoor portion of Club 2606.

I have selected my three songs for the i-Pod style party this Saturday night:

1) Diamonds - Kanye West feat. Jay Z
2) After the Soma - Nigel Richards
3) I Feel You - Schiller feat. Heppner.

That will be a nice variety indeed!

The pranks on Mickey Finn's office mate had a controversial and volatile effect, but it all ended fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home