Sunday, March 13, 2005

Get Ready for the Palisadeum

In terms of DJ stuff, it was a mixed week. I booked one wedding reception for April 3rd up in Palisades Park at the Palisadeum Dae Won. The groom is a 43 year old Korean and the bride of Chinese descent, age unknown. It was an easy sale; they read the website, asked some easy questions on the phone and signed on.

That Chinese-American prospect, Jessica, decided to go with somebody else. These face-to-face open ended discussion meetings at coffee cafes have not went well this year. Perhaps I should try a new cologne.

On the positive front, I had a pseudo-booking for a wedding reception, April 30th, up in Clifton. Groom's name is Frank. He said that I was hired, but hasn't followed up on his end of the bargain. Plus he called from a cellphone with a blocked number. He claims to be a DJ himself and is going to provide all of the music on discs ahead of time. That would be pretty easy. I'll give him a week and see if he comes around. Shouldn't I have confidence in humanity?

This winter is dragging on. I am really craving some warmer weather. The family went to TGI Friday's on Friday night. On Saturday night, we ate in and then played No Limit Texas Hold Em' with guest Gregg W. It was a fun time, and one of our clan won. Tonight, we returned to TGI's and then watched the movie HOSTAGE with Bruce Willis. I rate it an enthusiastic THUMB's UP. Excellent plot and action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home